[Norfolk, Neb.] MP Global Products announced its QuietWarmth Radiant Heat Film, a gentle radiant heat film designed specifically for floating engineered wood and laminate floors that installs over a subfloor or acoustic underlayment. It is also suited for some floating tile floors.
According to the company, the lightweight roll-out line voltage system features gradual supplemental warmth from low wattage resistance heating of ultra-thin, flexible radiant heat film, using just 6 watts per square foot and conforming to warranty requirements of many floating floors.
Featuring an ultra-thin wireless filament configuration (just .016″ thick) QuietWarmth Floating Film installs quickly in one day without any mortar or glue. Simply roll out each panel and cut it to length. Each panel has wires pre-attached at one end for ease of installation. Direct all lead wires toward one central electrical box, with final connection by a licensed electrician to the electronic programmable thermostat, the company stated.
QuietWarmth Radiant Heat Film for Floating Floors:
- Is available in four rollout pad sizes (3′ X 5′, 3′ X 10′, 1.5′ X 5′ and 1.5′ X 10′)
- Disperses a fast, more evenly consistent heat throughout the entire floor
- Consumes up to 50 percent less power than traditional wired systems
- Does not require any maintenance
- Features heating film strips laid out in parallel on the pad so if one strip becomes compromised or damaged, the rest of the strips continue to heat.
Original Post – Floor Covering Weekly – July 7, 2014
Modified on: Thursday, April 19, 2018