- Increased absorbency & dissipation of moisture with added Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) that enhances moisture carrying capacity
- Increased moisture barrier strength
- Approved for use over radiant heated floors
- QuietWalk® filaments are randomly air-laid creating a capillary effect to cushion the floor, absorb sound, and help make laminate floors sound more like real wood.
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) = 54
- Impact Insulation Class (IIC) = 58
- Field Impact Insulation Class (F-IIC) = 60
- When installed properly, QuietWalk® can wick sub-floor or incidental perimeter moisture and disperse it through the pad.
- Moderate amounts of moisture will eventually dissipate over time by perimeter or sub-floor evaporation, provided the source of water such as a leak is stopped.
Smoothes out minor sub-floor imperfections
- QuietWalk® is firm enough (density=13.3lbs/ft^3; compression resistance @ 25%=9.5psi) to support the overlaying floor, but flexible enough to form around sub-floor surface roughness that may otherwise cause laminate panels to “rock” or lay unevenly.
- QuietWalk® is ideally priced as a quality upgrade from polyethylene or polystyrene film and is less than 1/2 the cost of either cork or rubber underlayment with similar sound numbers.
Adds insulation value
- QuietWalk® will add an R-value of .50 to the floor system.
Made From Recycled Materials
- QuietWalk® is a “green” product, constructed (over 95%) with post-industrial/pre-consumer fibers, materials that may otherwise have been landfilled.