Cold Lead Extension Instructions
- QuietWarmth recommends using UL listed components for extending the cold leads
- To extend the cold leads, min 14 AWG wire must be used
- It must be done by a licensed electrician according NEC regulations
To complete a splice of 14AWG to 14AWG wire, the following steps should be followed:
- Strip 1/4" of insulation from conductors
- Slide 2" piece of heat shrink tube over one end of wire
- Insert wires, one at a time into the uninsulated butt connector (UL listed); making sure that allthe copper strands are in the connector.
- Crimp the connector ends securing the wire using a recommended tool.
- Test continuity of connection.
- Slide the 2" piece of heat shrink tubing over the connector so that the splice connection is centered in the tubing.
- Apply heat to the shrink tube with a torch or heat gun starting at the middle of the shrink tube and moving out to each end.
- Properly installed, shrink tube will be smooth and conform to the splice connection and the cable. Sealant should be visible at each end of the shrink tubing.